Click Here To See Today's Moving Deals, Changes Daily!

Call now to save up to 10% on your move! | 877-957-8006

Call now to save up to 10% on your move! | 877-957-8006

Call now to save up to 10% on your move!

Military DITY Move

Home > Questions > Military DITY Move

Moving with the military is easy with MovingPlace. We are completely versed in the process and procedures that are required to successfully perform a military DITY move. MovingPlace is able to provide certified weight tickets for each military move as well as a certified bill of lading so that military members can get reimbursed for PCS (Permanent Change of Station) moves.


This is a live opportunity for you to add comments and/or ask questions about the array of offerings for moving truck services. We find that customers often have similar questions or experiences. That makes this section of our website packed with good information for those that are looking to move or that are already using full service movers or self service movers. If you are already a moving company customer or have received a one way moving quote, it would be helpful if you would add your shipment/or quote number to your question/comment. That will enable us to contact you directly if necessary in addition to answering your long distance moving questions here. Thank you for shopping with MovingPlace

Customer Questions


The military has very few restrictions on what is considered personal property for a military dity move.  I would suggest getting approval through your traffic management office prior to moving – just to be sure.


Reimbursement by the government is only available for a military member that is making a Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Do-It-Yourself (Dity) move.  If your husband has been issued orders to make the move, then yes, you should be eligible for reimbursement.  You will need to verify with the base traffic management office.

Hi Adrianna,We can help you with a self-service move. You may want to see if the military will help with the moving expenses as part of the Dity program (do-it-yourself moving). It is our experience that the government sometimes have allowances for self service moving for departing military members that will help them relocate at the end of their service period.

Hi Jeff,You are exactly right. We can either bring out a moving truck or a container for your military dity move. For military members, we can provide certified weight tickets so that you can get your reimbursement from the government for your dity move.

Hi Edgar, We do have special options for military moves. If you are doing a Permanent Change of Station (PCS or Dity Move), we can provide you weight tickets for your move so that you can be reimbursed. If you want to ship your car and furniture on the same truck, we can do that as well. You will need to check to see if your moving allowance from the government will cover moving cars as well as the furniture.

Hi Rudy,We do a LOT of military dity moves and PCS moves. We can get you certified weight tickets so that you can get reimbursed by the military for your son’s change of station.

Hi Gabby,Yes, we can service your move on Ft Lewis. We are a licensed and certified military dity mover. We can also provide the weight tickets that you will need to be reimbursed for your military PCS move.

Hi Jo,We do a lot of moves for the military and would be an excellent choice for your transportation needs. Your goods will travel behind a security bulkhead, so they will be safe and secure. We will never leave a truck in front of another customer’s home with someone else’s goods on board, so you have security and continuity of service throughout the process.

Hi Claude,Yes, we do have special military programs that are related to the DITY move process through the DOD move program.


Is this a PPM/DITY move due to PCS, TDY, or TAD? Check the box to get an email with the 8 steps to a smooth personally procured move to ensure you don’t lose out on your government reimbursement.